40 percent of food produced in America is wasted because it was not eaten. It was a real frenzy, especially when it grabs the number of hunger cases in Africa. In addition, the present function of the kitchen is like the trash that generates a lot of waste for disposal each day. Supposedly, this all can be controlled by utilizing the waste from your diet and making it more useful.
Here are some tips to reduce your food waste:
- Do not shop when you are hungry, especially for a mother with their children. This is very useful to reduce your expenses as well as waste that is produced as you normally would buy more food than what you need.
- Make a list for food that you buy. Go to the store with careful planning. This will shorten your shopping time and you will not buy things you actually have
- Move and arrange food ingredients according to the expiration date. The closer its date, the closer line you place the food
- Look StillTasty database to see if your food is still good to eat or not. Do not easily believe the expiration date.
- You can use your food waste to make compost. Due to dispose of food waste to landfill will just ruin it with a variety of chemical substances, when in fact it could be better utilized by your own
- Using the bowl containing the soap dye is highly recommended that you can save waste water when you clean the hands.
- Turn off the tap when you do not need it. Use it when you are rinsing your hands when washing hands. That will save a few gallons of water
- Use only as needed electricity. You must understand more about this.
- Drain the items you’ve finished washing in a large bowl to accommodate the water droplets are carried away. If it is dry, just put your equipment in the plate rack and use the remaining water for watering plants
- Fill the sink with water when you’re washing dishes, and use the maximum capacity when you use the dishwasher.
- Buy foods like whole grains, nuts, fruits and vegetables to reduce “consumption” your garbage each day that comes from processed foods
- Bring your shopping bags. Your groceries will fit into one bag, and you do not need a lot of waste for disposal.
- Consider the packaging can be recycled back by you.
- Use a container that you can use over and over again so that the food storage is also free from a pile of garbage like processed foods.
- Use cloth instead of disposable paper towels to clean the spill separately.
- Do not use plastic equipment to wrap your lunch.
- Stay away from snack foods “that making garbage”. You can eat fruits or eat a snack that was transferred into a container so it will not generate waste when you have finished eating.
- Bring the water where you can use over and over again.
- Bring empty containers for leftover food that is not consumed. Never be tempted to use stereofoam which was clearly damaging the environment
- Use the microwave or dishwasher to prolong the life of your sponge.
- Use a cleanser to suit your needs.
And there are many more tips you can get based on your experience. Let’s start circuitry to maintain the environment of our homes. Be green!