Electric hybrid car also has a number of pros and cons, which are much discussed in the circles of its development followers. Any technology will gain insight of pros and cons that need to be taken into consideration for next development and innovation. Diverse opinions are never forbidden to be made, whether they’re good or bad. This time, on the electric hybrid car, there are pros and cons that need to be known by the public. Below are the pros and cons of electric hybrid car.
Electric Hybrid Car Pros
- Electric hybrid car has certainly helped caring for and maintaining the environment in significant quantities. It is because the fuel used is electricity, not gasoline that usually produces a lot of carbon and pollution. Electric hybrid car doesn’t produce carbon emissions at all. In short, if there are only some carbons that can be reduced at this time, the world conditions will be transformed into much better.
- Electric hybrid car doesn’t cause a noisy sound. Currently, many cars have a sound, which is not pleasant to hear and can disrupt the environment. In urban areas, the noise of vehicle adds a long list of stress factors. Plus, the engine runs only when the car is being actively pushed forward. Over time, this trait also cuts down on overall energy consumption.
- Electric hybrid car runs on fuel sources that are already available, thereby it’s reducing dependence on fossil fuels gradually. Its electricity can be generated in various ways and can be produced easily.
- Electric hybrid car fuel is easier to find – although this is the opinion of most people, not all of them. The fuel of electricity can even be produced in home-based easily, making the car of the future becomes easier to refuel. You no longer will find the fuel scarcity on the news for the next time.
Electric Hybrid Car Cons
- Electric hybrid car uses lead-acid batteries. It may take a long time to fill out, sometimes need 10 hours. If a person needs to reach the destination by the shortest possible time, and in the middle of his journey he must refuel, then this is a disaster. But if someone is in a holiday and spend the night outside, then at bedtime he can recharge the car for fuel for the next day use. It’s very expected on the future that filling the battery becomes easier and common, and more filling stations for battery charging at a fraction of time will be available for time efficiency.
- Another drawback is the limitation on the mileage. In the meantime, electric hybrid car can only travel on the fully charged battery, the average is about 60 miles per charge. You cannot be speeding, much less to do the race on the road when using this car. In addition, the battery has a limited shelf life of about three years and is very expensive for replacing.
- At this time, it needs expensive costs for other types of batteries like nickel-metal hydride, nickel cadmium and lithium-ion batteries. Indeed, these materials offer better performance. But once again, it is expensive enough based on the researchers experiments.
- For certain level, the decreased fuel consumption, fuel savings, and reduced maintenance costs serve as a counterweight to the higher cost.
But so far, the cons are listed as final results of the experiments and predictions of the researchers and they can still be changed as long as the electric hybrid car developer works day by day.