Having a lot of books in our home library is very exciting. But somehow in my opinion, it could not be more eco-friendly and greener. Just imagine, those books use papers that come from cellulose pulp derived from wood, rags or grasses. How many woods needed for producing tons of papers? I think it will be a great amount. More wood means more growing area and time, more trees cut, and more natural resources exploited.
I have my own library in my room with more than one thousand books inside. I put them in the racks and these racks cause smaller empty area in my room. Besides, wherever I go, I always bring one to three books on my bag. It makes me tired, especially if I bring some thick books. So I searched for some green library concept, and just found the information about Kindle DX device.
Kindle wireless reading device is one of green library solution. It has slim body and lot of great features, such as:
- Sleek, light and ergonomic Design
- Simple to use, no computer required
- Long battery life—read for days without recharging and you can charge it via USB
- Get books in as little as 60 seconds and holds over 1,500 books
- No monthly wireless bills
- Carry your library in 10.2 Ounces
- Automatic library backup: re-download your books wirelessly
- Paper-like screen and read in sunlight with no glare
- Kindle’s high-resolution screen boasts 16 shades of gray
- Adjustable text size with manual screen rotation
- Built-in PDF reader and newspaper reading
- Bookmarks and annotations
- Personal document service via whispernet
- Built-In dictionary with instant lookup
- Wireless access to wikipedia
- Search feature and audiobooks
Wow, what a lot of features! This device can be an alternative for bringing library on our pocket. More about kindle can be read on amazon store.